UNT DALLAS & NAVARRO COLLEGE
$500 - $2,500 Available Per Semester For Those Who Qualify
Was your education put on hold just before you reached the finish line?
Would you like to earn a certificate to start a new job?
If you are a former student or new student, with one year or less remaining to complete your certificate, associates or bachelors degree, UNT Dallas and Navarro College may have grant money waiting for you. If this describes you, fill out the application link below to see if you qualify to receive $500 - $2,500 per semester toward your tuition payment automatically. This grant is available for all full and mini-semesters starting between March 4, 2021 and Feb. 15, 2022.
Are you eligible?
You may be eligible for the Texas Reskilling Grant if:
- You can complete your certificate, associates or bachelors degree program in one year or less, including coursework completed at any public community college or public university in Texas
- You did not attend any higher education institution in the Spring 2021 semester
- You file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The Texas Reskilling Support Fund Grant
The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board has awarded $650,000 to UNT Dallas and Navarro College as part of the Texas Reskilling Support Fund Grant Program. The two institutions are partnering to deliver educational programming to displaced workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic who need to upskill or reskill to get back into the workforce.
The two institutions will focus on key areas of study that lead to high-paying jobs. Students must be within 12 months of completing their degree and cannot have been enrolled at any accredited postsecondary institution in the prior full academic semester or previous six months. Students pursuing a certificate or associate degrees will be supported by Navarro College and those pursuing bachelor’s degrees will be supported by UNT Dallas.
Reskilling grants allow Texas public colleges, technical schools, and universities to provide last-dollar financial assistance to Texas students to cover tuition and fees. The grants are designed to support displaced Texas workers and to support students who have previously stopped out of higher education before completing a postsecondary credential. The program is supported by a portion of the $175 million allocation to the THECB from the Governor’s Emergency Educational Relief (GEER) Fund.
Steps to Apply
1) Check the list below to see if you meet all of the requirements:
*Students who are enrolled in short-term non eligible Title IV workforce credential
programs but who are otherwise Title IV eligible may be included.
2) Apply for the Reskilling Grant using the link below. You will be required to log in using your Navarro College username and password and must have completed all the criteria listed above to be considered for review.
3) Check Self-Service for status of your award. Awards will be posted no later than the College's official payment deadline of the term. If you do not see the award by the final payment deadline of the term, you did not meet all the criteria required to be eligible for this grant. If you have any questions regarding Texas Reskilling Grant Aid please email email@example.com.
Contact Navarro College
3200 W. 7th Avenue
Corsicana, Texas 75110
1-800-NAVARRO (all campuses)
Contact UNT Dallas
UNTD Reskilling and Upskilling Initiatives
University of North Texas at Dallas
7300 University Hills Boulevard
Student Center Room 1084
Dallas, Texas 75241